Monday, July 28, 2008

Rattletree Marimba

song: Skokiana... Masanga Marimba Ensemble

Stock photo, I did not take this pic :)
Last night, Steph and I went to Central Market to hear Rattletree Marimba play. The guys got to go out Saturday, so Sunday it was our turn!
(From their website) here
Rattletree Marimba is a Zimbabwean style marimba band based in Austin, Texas. They play high-energy dance and trance music that is guaranteed to get the dance floor moving from the first song!
The music you hear is NOT Rattletree, but they played a version of this song. (they are not on the playlist.com website).
We had a great time! We shared a bottle of South African wine, ate some yummy Central Market Cafe food, and I ate WAYYYY to much creme brulee. :)
I bought Rattletree's CD, so I could share their music with the kiddos. We were even home before 10pm, and I still had a GREAT time!

No comments: