Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I want more..............



I can't get enough SILKS!! I know its just for the kids, but I love 'em! We did a craft at one of our fabulous O'mama playdates where we dyed white 35" X 35" inch silks in dye and kool aid. They turned out so lovely, thanks Gabriel! I loved them so much I wanted to make more for every baby being born and every child with a birthday coming up! So I ordered more than $260 worth of silks (not all for me.. several other O'mamas got the more bug too) from Dharma Trading Co. I can't say how many I ordered, lets just say it was A LOT!!! My mom ordered tons too. Yesterday the lovely Tanya came over with her beautiful Mia and we dyed for HOURS! The kitchen was a delightful disaster, a mess with vinegar and kool aid and rit dye!! My mom was THE BEST, and kept all the kiddos happy and busy while we dyed like crazy! Some of my favorites are the ones we did at the end, now I want EVEN MORE.... but I will wait, for now. :)

Grandma is MY Super Hero for watching the kiddos!

My mama and the beautiful Mia, blowing bubbles!

4 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

know whatcha mean, jelly bean!
Our living room floor is COVERED in colorful silks, and I want MORE, too!!! It's an addiction. Seriously!

GORGEOUS shots!!!! :)

Thanks for havin us over. I heart your mom.

Stephanie said...

I love the bright red one...so vibrant! I think at some point I'm going to have to order more too. We have 4 of them and it doesn't seem like enough. The boys fight over them constantly.

Unknown said...

Ahhhh....I want some. Wish we could have joined you! :)

nopinkhere said...

Me too! I keep remembering all the cool ideas everyone came up with and wanting some myself. At least K lets me play with them too!