Monday, September 22, 2008

Gulp, swallowing my pride

Sometimes events happen that force you to swallow your pride and admit you were at least a little wrong. Life's hardest lesson is to see the bright side when something feels like it happens to you. I admit, I did not match someones expectations of me. I understand as well that I did not have the same expectations for myself, which is ok. I am glad in many ways for the decision that was made. It relieves me a bit of responsibility and allows me to focus on school and Orion's birthday. Every challenge presents a learning opportunity, I have learned and am moving forward. I will not make the same mistakes again. Sigh. Inhale. Exhale..... moving on. :)

3 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

after a little thought, I know what you're talking about. The right before, during and right after parts of things not working out always suck.
At least we'll get more of you..you match our expectations perfectly :)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you can let yourself be humbled and honest, then simply live and learn. I love your honesty!

Anonymous said...

"did not meet expectations" oh that sounds like BS Human Resources lingo. it always sucks in the short term, but you get to laugh about it when you recover and time goes by.

Like Bono from U2 said "...don't let the baasta-ds get you down"