Monday, June 23, 2008

I know very little...


I have just finished 5 intense days immersed in the world of Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy. I loved every second of it. After the first module about 9 weeks ago I felt as if I was on the right track but had no idea where I was going. After this module, I realize where I am going but I am intimidated by the "greatness" of this work. We learned the VERY basics of the occipital bone and the spheniod, the central nervous system, the respiratory diaphragm, and cerebral spinal fluid. With only that information I feel like I know 100x what I knew 9 weeks ago, but now I realize just how much studying and knowledge I still have to learn. phew. I got to experience first hand what a release feels like on the table. My partner "M", was palpating my nervous system when then wind began to blow. As soon as she connected with the nervous system, lightning struck outside and inside, literally. I had lots of pulling and shifting feelings in my neck and shoulder which brought on an emotion including tears from my solar plexus to the back of my ear. It was intense to say the least. I don't know what emotion I felt or what memory/trama/feeling it came from, but that's ok. Its not always important to know, if it needs to be seen it will show me in another way. I feel better now, I am still trying to process the entire event.
Another really cool thing we practiced is called "Body, low, slow, loop". Its a technique to deal with sensations or feeling in the body. Its great for healing trauma, but works wonders for small issues too. I look forward to sharing it with clients. Its too long to discuss via blog.
I feel like I have a lot more to bring to the table, literally. I can't wait to get my hands on more people to practice my new listening skills. A sweet girl from the TLC school is coming up tonight to get a session. Its a nice feeling to practice on people who have a visceral knowledge of their own bodies, it makes my job easier when they can describe sensations in their bodies. I also love working with people with no prior knowledge, since they have no expectations, it lowers my performance anxiety.
Now if only I could figure out a way to teach Leilani body, low, slow,loop to calm herself down. :)

1 comment:

iMother2.0 said...

How amazing. What a wonderful release. This path you're on is so interesting, and I'm so glad to be part of it...hint hint..I need see you again...ahhhh to be on your table....